All of You by Lindsay Detwiler


Release Date: 01.27.2018


Synopsis:

A sexy doctor who’s restricted by expectations.

A quirky poet who’s defined by her dark past.

All it takes is Alex Evans saving Marley Jade one fateful night for their futures to be realigned. And when a passion sparks between them, they must decide if they can piece each other back together and make love work.


Review:


All Of You is a quite short story,you don't worry it won't leave you with a sense of incompleteness because Lindsay Detwiler has perfectly written and described the growth of her characters chapter after chapter until their happy ending.

Marley and Alex come from two very different worlds,a bartender in the best cofee shop of her little town, with a love for poetry the first and the hot new californian doctor in town the latter.
Their relationship starts as a friendship and flows smoothly as the water of a river until they have to face their baggages and fears in order to break free and finally live their lives at the fullest without any guilt and pressure from their pasts and families.

I really appreciated to read this lovely and heartbreaking at times but always interesting book.

Excerpt:

I swerved to the side of the road, certain she was gone, the blackness of her hair fluttering behind her and blending into the darkness of the night. Just like so many things in life, one second she was there, hunched into herself under the bright streetlights on the Cedar Bend Bridge, clutching something like it was her lifeblood. And then, in the next second, she was gone, slithered away as if she’d slipped through the cracks of life itself, obliterated from existence.

If I hadn’t been driving by, if I hadn’t seen her disappear with my own eyes, no one would have noticed her descent into darkness, into the lapping waters of the gentle river, or of her almost goodbye.

But I was there. I did see her.

The truth was, looking back, I should’ve seen her even before the fateful night that tossed our lives together.

I should’ve seen her in every goodbye I’d said before her. I should’ve seen her in every wistful dream I’d walked by and didn’t chase. I should’ve seen her in every empty seat beside me for the twenty-six years I didn’t know I was missing her.

She was the lifeblood I waited to uncover. She was the answer to the midnight wish I didn’t know I’d asked for. I wouldn’t know it until long after I first saw her. I couldn’t have known until I met her that I needed her.

Because when I swerved my car to the side of the bridge, chest heaving with adrenaline and fear, I had no idea Marley Jade would eviscerate everything I ever thought I knew about life. I didn’t know I would end up saving her that night and on many nights to come.

Most of all, I didn’t know she would save me from something I didn’t even know I needed saving from.



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone

The Wallflower and the Running Back by Ginger Scott