Limelight by Alyson Santos


Release Date: 03.12.2018


Synopsis:

I’m unpredictable.
A genius, an underachiever.
I’m the song, the voice, the passion, the pain.
I am failure.
I do music because it’s what I am, but sometimes that’s not enough.
A slave to my nature, I wait for it to show mercy and drop a gift in my lap.
Because the music chose me.
I’m its victim not its gift.

She destroyed my career.
Ruined my life.
Pushed me from the shadows and exposed my lies.
She’s the fire that destroys lesser men,
and now her flames are aimed at me.
She loves to watch me burn,
but the part we never saw coming?

Sometimes it takes a fire to ignite a spark
And slay the darkness.
**An NSB standalone novel**



Review:



It's harder than ever for me to write a review for an Alyson Santos book and to make it justice,her writing always ignites so many feelings in me that when I turn the last page I'm not functioning enough to put my emotions into words because I just want to cry in a fetal position.

"He is the sun and you're the one afraid of light." 

Jesse troubled journey wrecked my heart.He is a music genious but he struggles with some loud demons that he keeps at bay with the drugs.When his addiction ruins his and his band's careers he tries to make some changes in order to get to the top and to reach the well deserved success again.

"Rewind back to the day
A superhero roared
It's okay
To fly,to dream,to spread broken wings

To scale a mountain in spite of it all."




Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay