Only One Night by Natasha Madison

 


Release Date: 05.01.2021


Synopsis:

Manning

As captain of the Dallas Oilers, I was their leader on and off the ice. From the outside, it looked like I had the perfect life.

I didn’t.

I was married to a woman who refused to give me a divorce. All she wanted was the status title, and all I wanted was to be set free.

It was supposed to be just another event, except it took a turn I didn’t see coming.


Evelyn

Attending my best friend’s bachelorette party isn’t something I was looking forward to.
But it’s strange what a couple of glasses of wine will do.

It was one night, and I thought I would never see him again.

Especially not coming face-to-face with him and his wife while picking up my nephew from hockey practice.

All it takes is one kiss, one touch, one chance, and only one night.

Review:



I was really curious to read this story and I've finished it in no time.

Natasha Madison succeded to keep my attention throughout the book, she made me read about cheating and I've even cheered for the couple.

Manning is the captain of a hockey team, he is married with a real "witch" that he can't stand, he only keeps a cordial facade to not loose his son. Evelyn is back in town to work for her family's company.
A Friday night she goes out for her friend's bachelorette party and she meets a handsome man, they start flirting and they decide to spend the night together. The morning after Evelyn thinks that is better to leave the hotel room without waking up Manning, but soon enough she realizes that she has made a mistake because she can't forget the night spent with him and she doesn't have his number. Fortunately fate makes them meet again but in that occasion she finds out that he is married. Will Evelyn understand the complicated relationship between Manning and his wife? Or will that break them forever?

I adored Evelyn, she is smart, witty, sweet and selfless. I liked a little less Manning, I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't appreciate how he has let his bad marriage to crush him without thinking to find a solution before he met Evelyn, he passivily accepted every vile action of his wife and I don't think that was so good for his beautiful son sake.

I recommend to read Only One Night to find how an author can surprise making even the strong minded understand her characters' not typical behavious.



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone