Headstrong by Eden Finley

 


Release Date: 03.22.2021


Synopsis:

A straight guy gives gay hookup tips to a virgin. What could go wrong? 

When I first met Whit, I couldn’t get away from him fast enough. He’s a hockey player, and I hate everything to do with the sport that broke my heart.

But I can’t help feeling sorry for the guy. He’s newly out and desperate to meet someone, but his eagerness seems to scare potential hook-ups away.

Agreeing to be his wingman should’ve been simple. Watching him flirt with other guys made things complicated.

Whit challenges me in every aspect of my life, from my hatred of hockey to the new questions I’m asking myself. Like why a straight man suddenly can’t stop thinking about kissing another guy.

I think the answer lies somewhere on Whit’s lips...

Review:



Headstrong was a very enjoyable read and I devoured it.

Rainn Richardson is a bartender at Vino and a bookstore clerk at Veritas, he doesn’t have a plan for the future, because a bad injury destroyed his dream of becoming an NHL player. He despises everything hockey related, so when he meets Leighton Whitaker, a hockey player for the Moo U team, he tries to stay away from him but it isn’t too easy. A night Rainn sees Whit at the bar trying to flirt with some guys with poor results, and he accepts to help him to lose his virginity becoming his wingman. But soon enough Whit’s crush on Rainn and Rainn jealousy puts a break to the plan. Will their story end with a heartbreak or an happily ever after?

I really liked the main characters, at the beginning it seems like they are too different to even be friends.
Rainn is grumpy and pessimistic and Whit is lively and bubbly, they are destined to stay away from each other but I liked to see how Whit little by little gets through Rainn hostility conquering his friendship first and something more later.
I’m so glad that Whit crushing on a straight man doesn’t end with a heartbreak.
I absolutely liked how they explore sex for the first time together, they were hot and funny to read.
My favourite character is Whit, his resolve, he is sure of what he wants to do in his life, even if he is still pretty young he knows what his future looks like and he somehow menage to also shake Rainn out of his torpor.

I think the author did a good job with this plot, I appreciated how Rainn doesn’t take the novelty of being bisexual as a big epiphany but his change is more like a path.

The epilogue was so cute I wished there were more to read about these characters.













Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone

The Wallflower and the Running Back by Ginger Scott