Mourning Wood by Heather M. Orgeron

 


Release Date: 03.04.2021




Synopsis:


She’s hard up.
He’s just hard…

After an ill-fated one-night stand, Wyatt Landry was the last person I ever expected to see again.

By design, mind you, as I spent the last two years avoiding him.

He was only ever meant to be a good time—a really good time—and now, thanks to one teensy little mistake, he’s back in my life and wielding an entirely different set of tools.

It’s not like I intentionally hired a bogus contractor to redo our chapel, and Lord knows I never imagined Wyatt would ride up in his pickup truck, like a knight in thigh-hugging blue jeans, to save the day.

But here he is, and to make matters worse, he’s every bit as charming as I remember, and before I can fully process his reappearance in my life, he has my six-year-old daughter wrapped around his finger, my parents eating out of the palm of his hand, and my best friend shipping us like we’re some celebrity couple.

Thankfully, working in the death industry, I’ve mastered the skill of compartmentalization. Keeping my growing feelings tucked away should be a piece of cake. Except, seeing him every day definitely throws a wrench in that plan.

Before I know it, we’re trading favors for dates, and as much I don’t want to admit it, the feelings for him I thought were dead and buried are taking root and growing into something that looks a lot like love.

Daigle Family Funeral Services… don’t be caught dead any place else. 


Review:


Mourning Wood was a fun read. I was a little surprised when I met the characters at a funeral home, but my bad, I didn't have read the blurb before to start the book and I absolutely didn't have understood the title...don't know why but the pieces to solve the puzzle were all there.

Once i got over the shock I've really enjoyed this novel. Heather M. Orgeron wrote another entertaining, lovely story with some of the most unforgettable and unique characters I've ever read.

Wyatt Landry came back to Louisiana to start his constracion company, he accepts a job to help one of his cousin's friend. Little he knows he has to renovate a funeral chapel who's owned by Whitney Daigle, the woman he has had sex with a couple of years before. Whitney is a Morticia, she lives and breathes into the family's funeral services, also trying to be a good single mum. She knew she shouldn't have trusted her meddling best friend help because now she has to try to stay away from the hottest guy she has met in years. Will Wyatt and Whitney survive to the awkward days they have to spend near to each other? Or will they abandon themselves to a repeat of that scorching hot night of few years before?

I adored these characters, main and supporting, they are all important to the successful outcome of this plot. My favourite is the little kid, Priscilla, because she can always make you laugh with her, at times inappropriate, dark humour but in the end the reader can also see her cute personality. Wyatt is such a good guy, he could do no wrong, swoon worthy material here. Whitney feels the weight to always be a responsible mum because she was judged more than once by the community, so she tries to keep the walls up around her heart but she can't do anything against Wyatt loving and sexy attacks.

I have followed this story as I was part of it and in the end I wished there was a longer epilogue because I didn't want to leave these characters.

Go get it as soon as possible.




Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay