Turnabout by Laurel Greer

 


Release Date: 05.06.2021



Synopsis:


I don’t have time for an unplanned visit home to help out in my father’s struggling letterpress shop. My stint in Vermont will have to be short, for a couple of reasons:

One, I’m a busy executive trying to climb the corporate ladder.

Two, my ex is still my dad’s right-hand man in the shop. And I am not over him.

Nothing has changed at the Burlington shop. Auden still has his infuriatingly sexy Scottish accent. He’s still hot, and still stubborn. Between operating the antique press with his shirtsleeves rolled up, and moonlighting at Burlington’s hottest inclusive wine bar, he pushes every one of my attraction buttons.

My falling-in-love-again buttons, too. Except I’m his polar opposite. I love change, and taking chances. Everything he avoids in life.

So why am I trying to convince him to reach for more than we’ve ever dreamed of—the possibility of forever?


Review:



This was a very nice, charming second chance at love story.
My liking grew page after page and I found the ending cute and heartwarming.

Carter and Auden were a couple during college but after that dreamy time when they have to choose about their working careers they have opposites ideas and those ideas drove them apart. Auden decided to stay and to work for Carter's father in his little printing shop, Carter flew all the way to Canada seeking his dream of greandeur and wide marketing. Now ten years after Carter comes back home to replace his father at work letting him go on holiday in order to save his marriage, here he inevitably meets his unforgettable ex boyfriend. They are still pretty taken for each other because love never left their heart but they still hurt so working together is not easy, will they survive for a few days confined in a little shop together or will their different views for the future bring new hurt?

Carter and Auden are the proof that real love exists and that unfortunately real life problems threaten also the strongest couples. I loved them, I loved how they understand their qualities and their flaws and I loved to read about their deep feelings for each other and I also loved to see them grow and start to trust each other again.

I recommend this book you won't regret to meet these characters.




Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone