Safeguard by Stephanie Rose

 


Release Date: 09.02.2021



Synopsis:


Jilted. Living in a glorified closet. The world’s worst bar waitress. I just need to keep a roof over my head and make tuition payments until I can finish graduate school. Then my real life will start. But right now, long nights at the Speakeasy have me burning the candle at both ends and the wax melting all over my fingers.


When a bar manager offers me a job taking care of his adorable five-year-old daughter, it seems like the perfect solution. I get a quiet place to study. Matteo gets a reliable sitter.


There should be no complications. Except that I like my new boss a little too much. His gorgeous dark eyes humble me, and the long talks we share fill me up inside. I can’t possibly fall for him.


But the undeniable pull between us leads to a scorching kiss I can’t ignore or forget, and suddenly I’ve fallen for them both, father and daughter.


And now three hearts are at stake.


Review:


Safeguard is a swoon-worthy modern fairy tail.
Stephanie Rose wrote a very good story that makes you dream of love and second chances, life can be still beautiful after a set back.

Matteo decided to leave his family back in New York and move to Vermont with his adorable daughter. It isn't easy for a single father to raise a kid in a new State without any help and be the new Speakeasy's night manager, so he is in dire need of a baby sitter. Melanie is back in Vermont to finish her studies after a bad break up, soon enough she'll see that it is not easy to balance her work as waitress at the Speakeasy and her studies. Matteo and Melanie share a deep connection and affection for each other since their first encounter, and pretty soon they undertsand they are the key to solve their problems, so Melanie becomes Lauren's baby sitter and she can study when the little girl goes to sleep. Will they have their happily ever after? Or will they become only a temporary clichè?

Melanie, Matteo and Lauren are such fabulous characters, they will conquer you in a heartbeat as individual characters first and as a couple and a family later.

I highly recommend this novel.






Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone