Penalizing by Jami Davenport

 


 

Synopsis:

 

Being traded from a contender to a basement dweller is bad enough, but now I'm working with the one who got away. She has an explosive secret, and I think it has something to do with me.

I want to start where we left off, but she doesn't want anything to do with me. Eventually our mutual attraction steamrolls her resistance, but when her deception catches up to her and what she's been hiding is exposed, nothing will ever be the same for either of us.

Will her truth be the anchor that strengthens our relationship, or the storm that obliterates it beyond repair?


Review: 


 

Jason Wilder has just been traded to the Portland Icehawks, his dissatisfaction is palpable, not only because he left a winning team for a new franchise with only one disastrous season behind them, but also because he has to work with Addison Barlowe, the woman he dated few years ago.
There is still a lot of tension between them, which Addison tries to hide and Jason tries to bring out, who will win?

Penalizing was a great read, the bantering and the emotional turn kept me engaged throughout the book.

Addison and Jason are funny and hot, but under the bark they conceal their sweetness and fondness.
I particularly liked how Jason courts Addison without imposing, but winning her little by little.
I understand why Addison tries to resist to Jason's courting, because the secret she keeps could ruin their relationship, and she doesn't want to suffer again, but resist is impossble because their chemistry and affection are deep and obvious.

I recommend this novel for all sports romance readers. I already look forward to the next book in the series.

 

 


 

 Release Date: 01.25.2024

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak