A Girl Like Me by Ginger Scott


Release Date: 05.26.2017


Synopsis:

I’m not supposed to be here.

Death has come for me more than once, and each time it’s been a boy who’s stood between me and my final breath.

I called him Christopher when he saved me as a child. When he came into my life again, only months ago, I knew him as Wes. Just as he did the time before, he disappeared the moment he made sure I was out of harm’s way; as if I didn’t need any more saving.

This time, though, death left me with a reminder of how powerful it is. I know it meant to strip me of my spirit again, but it failed.

Even so, I know I need Wes to survive. Our souls are woven together somehow, our every breath in sync. I feel it, even though everyone says I shouldn’t.

The world thinks he’s missing.
His loved ones don’t want to believe he’s dead.
Only I know just how special he is.

I’m going to find him and bring him home, where he belongs. Together, we’ll face impossible—we’ll rewrite our ending.

And when the bad guys come calling, we will always win.

Review:


Wow the waiting was so worth it...A Girl Like Me is an amazing read.

Ginger Scott wrote a sequel as good and as engaging as the first book,the emotional roller-coaster that characterized A Boy Like You is still there and it kept me on my toes from the start to the very end.
Even if the author didn't explain some things I think that is not important because I focused my attention on the power of resilience,that is all human,of our heroine Joss.

I fell for Wes in the first book but I loved Joss in this one, I've really appreciated her growing since the beginning of this journey.
I hope to see these characters again in the future, in the meantime I'll keep them in my heart forever.

Excerpt:

“It’s creepy as shit in here. I think I was better off in that sewing room on the floor,” he says, scooting backward and propping himself up on his elbow. I lie down next to him in the same position, and he reaches up and tucks my hair behind my ear then lightly pinches my chin as he smiles at me.

“I don’t know what I was thinking with any of this,” I say, blinking once, my mouth a hard line to match my hardening heart.

Kyle squints at me, then rolls to his stomach folding his hands under his cheek resting his head sideways as he studies me.

“You were thinking that you’d just do this all yourself,” he says.

I roll my eyes and puff out a breath.
“Do what myself?”

Kyle’s body rises with his deep breath, and the smile fades from his eyes and mouth.

“Nobody’s really looking for him. They’ve all given up. But not you.” Kyle reaches toward me again, giving my chin the same pinch as before. He leaves his hand there and stares at me through dozens of breaths. “I believe you.”

I suck in my lip at those simple words. I’d told Kyle everything I could remember, about how Wes caught the rock, about how strong he was, how he never had more than a scratch or two, and how I got the mysterious texts. It sounded insane as I spoke the words to him, and he never responded out loud. He just listened.

And he drove. He drove me here.

“You think he’s alive?” My lips quake when I speak, and my eyes pool, so I smoosh my face against the cool sheets to hold it together.

Kyle brushes my tangled hair away from my face again, this time cupping my cheek.
“I do,” he says. “And we’re going to find him.”

I reach my hand up to cover his and whisper “Thank you.”



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone