Draw Play by Jami Davenport



Release Date: 06.21.2020



Synopsis:

All you’ll ever be is a pretty face.

Star running back Bruce “Bruiser” Mackey has heard those words his entire life, especially after his twin brother’s tragic accident. He might use his surfer-boy good looks to land lucrative endorsements for his secret charity, but he hates books being judged by their covers. Which is why it’s wrong that his friend Mackenzie Hernandez is intent on giving herself a makeover.

Sure, Mac and her father have been reeling financially since her brother disappeared three years ago, and Steelheads management gives an annual scholarship that might get her life back on track, but he can’t imagine anyone smarter, sexier, or more beautiful than Mac already is. He can’t keep his hands off her—and the more they spend time together, the less he wants to. She’s perfect as is.

One way or another, he’ll make sure the team’s tomboy groundskeeper gets a full ride. And between the two of them, they can learn to accept what’s behind them and look downfield to a future full of win.

Review:


I've loved this novel, it was heartwarming, emotional and touching.
I missed football romance so much and I'm glad this author revamped this series for her old and new fans like me.

Draw Play is Bruiser and Mac's story. The handsome cocky player the first and the tomboy gardner the latter. They are friends with a lot of chemistry and an even bigger personal baggage.
I was really invested in these characters lives and more than once I wished they could solve and overcome their troubles in order to get a real chance at a loving and happy relationship.

I rarely read the blurb so I found about the missing sibling when I started the book and it pulled at my heartstrings. I've been watching a tv show about missing people for years now, I see often those families' despair and Jami Davenport depicted very well that feeling of anguish that leads people to never give up searching for their dear ones often risking to go insane.

I highly recommend this book and this Originals series.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Sunshine Sisters: Aurora by Rosie Green

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone