Heartwood by J.H. Croix

 


Release Date: 06.29.2021



Synopsis:


She needs a fresh start. He wants a second chance…

My new job as a chef in a small town was supposed to be my ticket to peace and quiet. I didn’t expect to run into the former hockey star who gave me the hottest nights of my life. And, oops, he’s sort-of my new boss. So much for keeping my past where it belongs.

Ty still thinks I’m the fun party girl. He has no idea how much things have changed. One thing that hasn’t changed: the spark between us. It’s hotter than the blowtorch I use on my crème brûlée.

I’m already keeping secrets, so what’s one more? Our tryst is forbidden, it’s fun, and it gets complicated as fast as you can say “check, please.” I didn’t expect to have a future with Ty. And I definitely didn’t expect to have a baby with him.

Some falls are harder than others. But it depends on who’s there to catch you...


Review:



This was an enjoyable read, with nice characters and some deep contents that will tie you to the story.

Belle and Ty met at college, an academic genious the first and an hockey star the latter, they lose sight of each other until they collide again at the Speakeasy. Both their lives have taken a different turn after few accidents, now Ty is the manager and Belle is the chef at this new gastropub. They still share a strong attraction and they can't keep their hands away from each other's bodies, will they have a relationship without strings attached like they had at college? Or this time will they have a deeper connection?

I liked to read Ty and Belle's journey, they take their time before they realise their feelings for each other changed, growing stronger and deeper, but that made the entire story more believable and relatable.

I loved how Ty reacts to Belle confessions, and how he tries to understand her condition without judging. Belle experience is shocking but while I was reading it I felt so proud of her, because she tries really hard to not be defined by her condition, even if at times her strength is put to test.

I recommend to read Heartwood If you like small town second chance romances.



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Sunshine Sisters: Aurora by Rosie Green

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone