Déjà Boo by Carolyn Ridder Aspenson

 




Synopsis:

Sometimes, an innocent person is convicted of a crime they didn't commit. And sometimes, after the real guilty person dies, they fess up.

To me...

Because I can communicate with the dead.

I try hard to help the restless dead find closure. And usually, I succeed. But this time my detective boyfriend is throwing a wrench into my efforts. I might be able to take the word of a dead guy, but the police sure can't.

And as always, things don’t turn out as planned. Now I’m stuck in the middle of a double murder—one from the past—and one from now.

Because someone doesn’t want me to discover the truth...and it looks like they’ll do whatever it takes to make sure this secret stays in the grave!


Review:



Déjà Boo is the sixth book of this series but I have easily followed the story, even if now I'm curious to read the previous books.

Paranormal mysteries are my favourite sub genre and get to read this book during Halloween day was a plus. It was a nice read with a good storyline, a tough mystery to solve and a suspenseful ending.

Chantilly can see and speak to ghosts after an accidental fall, she helps them with the earthly problems that keep them suspended in the limbo.

In this book Chantilly has to shed some light on a murder happened years before that interwines with a more recent one. The investigation is complex and intricate and more than once Chantilly endangers her safety and jeopardising her boyfriend, Jack, work as police detective.

I liked Chantilly, she is still trying to find a good balance between her life and her newfound skill, her life is complicated. I could feel her being pulled in different directions from her family, work and ghosts, that's a lot of pressure for a woman.

I didn't know this author before but now I'm hooked with her work, I want to read her back list.

You don't want to miss this one.


Release Date: 11.16.2021



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone