Dropping The Mitts by Lasairiona McMaster

 
 

 
 

Synopsis:

 

Love can blur even the fiercest of rivalries.

Penelope 
When I kiss a guy dressed as Pac-Man at a party, it feels like fate. But fate must have a twisted sense of humor—because falling for the son of the man who ruined my family was never part of the plan.

Tate Myers, star hockey player and my sworn enemy, ignites a hate in me that’s hotter than any slapshot. Yet the heart wants what it wants—even if it means crossing every line I’ve drawn.


Tate
Getting snubbed by a chick dressed as Taco Belle at a party sucked almost as much as taking a slapshot to the face. My jaw and my world shatter, but the tall, curvy goddess next door keeps me afloat with her pranks.

I have no idea why she hates me, but right now, I hate myself, too. This is my second chance at making her fall for me, and I’m determined to win her over.

Can love conquer a bitter rivalry born on frozen ground, or will family feuds tear them apart?

 

Review: 

 

 
Taco Belle meet Pac Man Ghost at a college Halloween party, they chat easily and the night looks promising until our Belle finds out that he is the son of the man who destroyed her family, and she runs away. Months later they become neighbours, while Tate still thinks nicely to that night, Penelope tries to forget it and her feelings for him starting a tricks war.

I loved the energy between Penelope and Tate, they are so in tune and they have a great chemistry, that's why I was a Iittle frustrated waiting for Penelope go over her hate for Tate's father and to see Tate for the very kind man he really is.
Tate is perfect, he has a heart of gold and he never judged Penelope for her body, he liked her personality, soul and body since the first encounter. He is so lost in lust and love he doesn't even get mad after some serious pranks she plays on him.

Dropping The Mitts was a very good and thought provoking read. It was engaging and well written, maybe a little too much drama but I was glad to see the charaters getting help and support by family and friends.
I liked how the author wrote about some difficult and important themes without being redundant.

I highly recommend to read it.
 
 
 
 
Release Date: 06.13.2024
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Love and Fate by Loriana Cappello

The Sticky Toffee Pudding Club by Rosie Green

Coming Home to Starr's Fall by Kate Hewitt