The Player + The Pact = I Do by Louise Bay

 

 
 

Synopsis:

 

I hate my boss. Like, loathe him. Two years ago, he semi-broke my heart and he still doesn’t remember who I am. Okay so I was covered in electric blue body paint, and wearing a wig, but is that a good excuse to not remember the girl you said was your destiny?

Now I’m stuck working for the jerk because only he can give me the job I really want—manager of his hotel.

When he needs a fake fiancé for business reasons, there’s an easy solution—blackmail. He has to give me a trial run as hotel manager in return for wearing his ring.

It’s a perfect plan until he remembers when we first met.

Things suddenly shift and now he’s looking at me with eyes that see straight through to the real me, touching me with hands that make me weak and kissing me with a mouth that threatens to do things to me they don’t even talk about in movies.

There’s just one wrinkle. I don’t trust him not to break my heart again.

 

Review: 


I loved The Player + The Pact = I Do.

Louise Bay doesn't have to demonstrate her talent to anyone, but her writing and storytelling get better and better.

Jules Moore works as an assistant for Leo Hart. She is brilliant, and she aims at a new position as manager at his hotel. The opportunity presents itself when Leo needs a fake fiancée for a gala and Jules proposes a mutually beneficial arrangement, so they find themselves engaged and she becomes the hotel manager.

Jules and Leo have a few of misunderstandings, but they also seamlessly fit into each other's lives. Their relationship is easy, sweet and spicy.

I liked them apart, but they come alive as a couple. It was a pleasure to read about their journey, and I was so invested into it I've finished this novel too quickly.

I am looking forward to reading the other books of the series. 


 
 Release Date: 10.10.2024
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Love and Fate by Loriana Cappello

The Sticky Toffee Pudding Club by Rosie Green

Coming Home to Starr's Fall by Kate Hewitt