Eight by E.S. Carter


Release Date: 06.13.2017


Synopsis:

I'm sorry for your loss. 
Why do people say that? 
When someone you love is taken from you, when a part of you dies along with them, you haven't lost them like you would your car keys or mobile phone. They aren't stuck down the side of the sofa or left in the ignition of your car for you to find later. You haven't absentmindedly put them somewhere and forgotten. You will never lose them because they live in you. 
The soul crushing hurt that burns your lungs with every breath you take comes from knowing where they are and not being with them. 
The ugly and real definition of grief is being left behind. 
I'm sorry they left you. 
I'm sorry you are alone. 
I'm sorry it hurts to breathe. 
Loss; it doesn't even compare.
She was my first love. 
She is my last love. 
I am an empty husk who pretends to be filled with enough love for those of us she left behind. 
Our little girl and newborn son need me. 
I am both mother and father now. 
I am hollow and empty. 
I am a shell. 
So why does the girl with the face of an angel and eyes that mirror my emptiness, look at me like I'm her everything?
*Book #6 in the 'Love by Numbers' series. Can be read as a standalone.*


Review:


Eight was a good read.
I loved how E.S. Carter once again wrote an emotional story that will move you thanks to such an incredible writing and relatable characters.

Josh journey is about grieving and surviving and learning to live again for yourself and your dear ones.
Our Hero is drowning in his pain,it is so suffocating he can't even function enough to take care of his kids but thanks to a meddling family that will never leave him alone and a change of scenery he will finally find the strength to go on.

These characters will find a way to your heart, making you cry and smile throughout the book.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone