Free Falling by G.L. Chapple


Release Date: 11.29.2016



Synopsis:

Maddie
Love shouldn’t hurt. 
Love should make your heart soar - not break it apart 
Love should make you feel safe - not broken and vulnerable. 
I don’t want to feel like this anymore. 

Marcus
Anger shouldn't be all-consuming. 
Anger at her for leaving me 
Anger at her for showing for me that life could be more - and making me crave it. 
I don’t want to feel like this anymore. 

Two damaged people, free-falling through life. 
Two friends. Two choices. Two questions. 
If you’re unable to save yourself, can you really help anyone else? 
Can happy-ever-afters exist if you no longer believe in fairy tales? 
**This is a spin-off from the Fighting Free Series. This is a standalone and can be read independently of the first two.**


Review:



Free Falling is my favorite story written by G.L. Chapple until now.
The writing is clear and so realistic that I felt like I was trapped into the characters' minds and lives.

We have met Marcus and Maddie in the previous books of the Fighting Free series and while I was curious to read Marcus' story I didn't imagine that Maddie would have become my favorite heroine,her character really touched me and unfortunately I can relate to her "love" relationship.

If you want to read a moving story with some funny moments this is the right book for you.It isn't indispensable to read the previous books in the series but I recommend them to you so it will be easier to place the characters you meet in these pages.

Excerpt:

Friends told me how sorry they were – but it wasn’t their fault. 

They told me I needed to move on - as if it were that fucking easy, and I could just pick up and carry on. 

They apologised for my loss – as if I’d misplaced an item of value, instead of the person that had helped hold me together, all the broken, messed-up pieces of me…

It devalued her and everything that we had, and I hated that they could make such stupid, thoughtless and ridiculous statements. 

I knew they cared and I knew they were concerned, but it took all my willpower not to punch them and tell them to fuck off and leave me alone. 

I couldn’t give them what they wanted from me. I didn’t want to talk. I didn’t want to feel…



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone

The Wallflower and the Running Back by Ginger Scott