Getting a Grip by M.E. Carter


Release Date: 07.18.2017


Synopsis:

This isn’t my life. Okay, it is my life, but not the way I envisioned it would be.

I wasn’t supposed to be a divorced mother of three when I turned the big 4-0.  Sure, I expected the fine lines, gray hairs and left over baby belly.  What I didn’t expect was expanding our family get-togethers by one… my ex-husband’s new child bride.  Ok, ok, she’s not young.  Maybe.

Did I mention this is not the life I planned?

It could always be worse, I know. I’m lucky to have a mother who loves to babysit, a best friend who loves sarcasm, and a new friend by the name of Greg, who is apparently a child whisperer and tells me my eyes are pretty.

Sigh… Greg.

The perfect, Adonis-like God of a man who keeps flirting with me. At least I think he’s flirting with me. It’s been so long, I don’t really know.

Between birthday parties, a few ill-advised bouts with make-up, and a whole slew of gymnastics classes, it’s finally time to take back some control.

So, while my girls learn all about how to grip the bar, I’m going to learn how to get a grip on my life.  And maybe my heart.


Review:


This was a funny,entertaining,real and in a way also a unique story.

When I started this book I thought it was an easy to read rom com but just after a few chapter I understood it was so much more.
Getting a Grip was a story about self-discovery,acceptance of our flaws and the courage to start again even if the future is uncertain.

I've really appreciated how the author delivered this meaningful story with a light atmosphere and a bunch of great characters.

Elena is hands down one of my favorite heroines,she is so relatable, lovely with her three little girls,a very good friend,never acting weird for her age.

I was heartbroken at the end...I need to read the sequel as soon as possible.



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone