Love On The Ropes by Aviva Vaughn

 


Release Date: 09.25.2020


Synopsis:

Former TOPGUN pilot Clint Davenport is the newly-crowned prince of public radio now that he’s hosting America’s most popular drive-time show. The ladies can't get enough of this Flying Ace, but he's all out of runway for the fairer sex because of a tragedy that haunts him. But life is perfect, or at least that’s what he keeps saying. Until he finds himself on the ropes (literally) at a company retreat and the only person who can bring him in for a safe landing is his office frenemy, who seems as comfortable in a climbing harness as he used to be in an F-18.

At twenty-eight, Erin Hung was still living with her parents in Honolulu, so when her favorite cousin invited her to move to glittering Los Angeles, she made the leap. After four years, this late bloomer has blossomed. She owns her own condo in gorgeous Pasadena, has the love of a good male—her Shiba Inu, Atticus—and is the badass marketing manager for America’s #1 radio show. But she still has a lot to prove and is gunning for a promotion. She doesn’t have time for distractions, especially romantic ones…and there’s no way she’s interested in that cocky ex-fighter pilot who just got tapped as host. Unfortunately, working with Mr. Cockpit Cockypants is the only way to get her raise.

When work forces them together, it seems like the beginning of a new Cold War, or maybe Clint’s high-flying charm is just what Erin needs to see there’s more to life than just work.

Review:


Clint is a Rhodes scholar, former Top Gun pilot and a radio host now, Erin is a marketing manager for the same radio.
They are attracted to each other but their work takes all their time, keeping them away from each other, they have only one goal: to succeed in their daily job.
They can’t be distracted by romantic feelings and hot sexy thoughts.
During a team building retreat they keep getting closer and closer, they can’t deny each other the pleasure to know each other better.
Will they find the right balance between work and private life? Or will they condemn themselves to a workaholic lonely life?

Speaking of a slow burn and a couple of cautious and indecisive characters you’ll instantly think of this book.
Love On The Ropes still was a nice and enjoyable read, with a lot of funny scenes that put a smile on my face.

I kept reading it and chapter after chapter I understood that Erin and Clint have their reasons for acting that way, I couldn’t stop smiling and be happy for them in the end.

Excerpt:

“Lean back. I got you,” Erin half-shouted, her lips grazing my earlobe as she pulled me back toward the ground, her arms wrapped around my climbing harness.

A fiery shiver shot up my spine.

“Take in the slack,” Erin’s words were softer this time, her nearness causing my heart to speed up.

I pulled on the rope.

“That’s it,” she whispered, her warm breath tickling my ear.

I swallowed hard, my sense of pride and desire for Erin warring in my head, making me incoherent.

And I was never incoherent.

So I focused on her words, like they were the landing system on an aircraft carrier, guiding me home to safety





Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone