Boyfriend by Sarina Bowen

 





Synopsis:


The dreamiest player on the Moo U hockey team hangs a flyer on the bulletin board, and I am spellbound:

Rent a boyfriend for the holiday. For $25, I will be your Thanksgiving date. I will talk hockey with your dad. I will bring your mother flowers. I will be polite, and wear a nicely ironed shirt…

Everyone knows it’s a bad idea to introduce your long-time crush to your messed-up family. But I really do need a date for Thanksgiving, even if I’m not willing to say why. So I tear his phone number off of that flyer… and accidentally entangle our star defenseman in a ruse that neither of us can easily unwind.

Who knew that Weston's family was even nuttier than mine? He needs a date, too, for the most uncomfortable holiday engagement party ever thrown.

There will be hors d'oeuvre. There will be faked PDA. And there will be pro-level awkwardness…


Review:


I absolutely loved this story, fake dating and nice characters are always a win for me.

Abbi is one of the waitress of the Bisuit, the best thing of her working there is the eye candy when the hockey team's table is occupied. She has a thing for Weston, a Moo U hockey player, and when she sees him hang a flyer on the restaurant bulletin where he offers to be the fake boyfriend to take home for Thanksgiving, she decides to contact him. Their day goes so well that when Weston asks Abbi to go home with him for Christmas, she accepts without even thinking about it. Now that they know each other better will the line between fake and real blur leaving them confused? Or will never be a future for them as a couple?

I just adored Abbi and Weston, I turned pages so fast to reach to the happy ending they deserved.
They are so sweet, they have so much in common, they understand each other family's troubles even if they are different.
It was really enjoyable to read about their fake dates and the blooming of their true feelings.

I fell in love with Sarina Bowen's writing after reading one book of hers and now many years and many books laters that love has been consolidated.

I would recommend this if you're looking for something get lost in a good story for a few hours.





Release Date: 10.12.2021

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Sunshine Sisters: Aurora by Rosie Green

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone