Slapshot by Jami Davenport

 




Synopsis:


BRYCE:

I'm the guy the entire team loves to hate. Not only am I one of the Sockeyes' best players, but I make sure everyone knows it. No woman has ever held my heart until I meet Tia. She's everything I am, gorgeous, rude, arrogant with a capital 'TUDE, and we're both concealing soul-shattering pain. Together we're fire and ice, a combo I can't resist and one that has me worried I've finally succumbed to the worst four-letter word in the English language--LOVE.

TIA:

After my mother's tragic death, I've lashed out and driven away everyone who ever cared about me. The pain is so great, I feel I don’t deserve friendship or love. Along comes Bryce. We're kindred spirits. He's as damaged as I am. Out of our grief, something special begins to sprout, but our tendency to destroy anything good in our lives threatens the best thing that's ever happened to us. Only Bryce refuses to give up while I'm finding old habits die hard. Barricading my heart is easier than taking the risk of being hurt again.



Review:


Slapshot was such a good read. It's definitely one of my favourite Jami Davenport's work.

Bryce is Sockeyes' best player but he is a selfish player and the coach put him on the third line. He wants to go back up on the first line, the place he thinks he deserves, but to make it he has to become a team player. Tia is a socialite but since her mother's death she lost her liveliness and pretty much she lost all her friends. They meet at a party and after a first rejection from Tia they abandon themselves to their passion, but they are too alike to have more than a one-night stand, or at least this is what they think.

I really liked Bryce and Tia together. They are passionate, they have a good chemistry, they are smokin' hot, but they also see deep into each other soul and they understand each other's vulnerability.
It was a pleasure to see them changing with the help of the other, they were rude and selfish at the starts and they slowly become friends to end being the rock of each other.
They aren’t so nice with others, but I was glad to see that in the end they start to work on it.

I highly recommend this book because it has it all, feels, suspense and chemistry.




Release Date: 09.29.2022
















Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Love Algorithm by Camilla Isley

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay