Hook 'em Hard by Cathryn Fox

 

 
 

Synopsis:

 

Maeve Carter, the Boston Bucks’ team physiotherapist, is the definition of beautiful. As a former model, her stunning looks have defined her—just ask the paparazzi or the stalker who made her life miserable. But I see more. Want more. And she can never know that.

You see, she’s my oldest teammate's daughter, and I can’t touch that with a ten-foot hockey stick. Until a single mistake puts her in my bed, turning everything upside down.

You know what they say about the best laid plans—pun intended.

I should walk away. I need to walk away. Except now that I have her where I’ve always wanted her, I’m hooked…hard.

But then we have to fake a relationship to appease my meddling mother. Only problem is, I don’t want to fake it anymore.

What do you think I should do about that?

 

Review: 

 

 

Hook ‘em Hard is the last book in the Bang Brothers Hockey series, it tells Tanner, the youngest of the family, and Maeve’s story.

Maeve is Tanner’s team physiotherapist, she helped him with his shoulder during training camp, there were sparks and attraction at first sight and touch, but it was too complicated at time.

Now a year later, after a nice chat, a good pizza, a bit of liquid courage, and the threat of an intervention from a mother hen who wants to see her son happy, they think it’s finally the right time to eplore their feelings.

I liked to follow Maeve journey towards the freedom from her deepest fears.

Tanner is the right person for her. He would do anything to protect Maeve, but he knows she needs to fight her battles for herself, and he only has to support her by lending her some strength. They share a deep connection and trust, not to mention their hot physical attraction.

It was funny to see Tanner act like a whiny kid for when he complains about how everyone still treat him like a baby.

The author did a good job with the storyline, she added some suspense and mystery that kept me engaged for its entirety.

It’s sad to say goodbye to the Bang family, but I assure you I’ll revisit these books again and again. 


 
 
Release Date: 08.20.2024
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Love and Fate by Loriana Cappello

The Sticky Toffee Pudding Club by Rosie Green

Coming Home to Starr's Fall by Kate Hewitt