Misconduct by Jami Davenport

 


 
 

Synopsis:


I've been a backup goalie my entire professional career. I've bounced around from team to team, never staying anywhere long enough to feel at home. When I join the Sockeyes, and their starter is injured for the season, I finally have a chance to prove I belong in the league.

My career might be on an upward trajectory, but my personal life is in the dumps. I've become increasingly close to a teammate's estranged and emotionally abused wife, Inga Chowaski, rescuing her from situation after situation, causing friction on the team and disrupting my normally quiet existence.

As I resist my growing attraction to the sweet, shy Inga, I have to wonder who's going to rescue me from myself?

 

Review:

 

Misconduct tells a beautiful story of survival and rebirth.  

Vick and Inga discover an instant connection, but their lives are complicated, and to begin a relationship could be risky. They have to be cautious and patient to finally get the opportunity to know each other better.

Inga felt so real and relatable, unfortunately it's so true that an abused woman doesn't feel free as soon as she finally moves away from her abuser. I was so happy to see her bloom, regaining her confidence, and overcoming her fears.
I loved Vick. He is a very good man, sweet and gentle, protective but not overbearing, and he knows how to wait for the best person he's ever met.

Jami Davenport wrote a remarkable poignant book that had me hooked from the first page. The author addresses the theme of the abusive relationship with confidence and sensitivity. The reader feels invested into the characters' lives, sharing their despair and later on their well deserved joy. Dark scenes are well balanced by the love between the main characters.

I recommend to read this novel if you don't have any triggering.
 
 
 
 
Release Date: 08.22.2024
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Love and Fate by Loriana Cappello

The Sticky Toffee Pudding Club by Rosie Green

Coming Home to Starr's Fall by Kate Hewitt