Playmaker by Sierra Hill

 


Release Date: 06.07.2021



Synopsis:


There’s no faking it in love or hockey...

Transferring to a new school under false pretenses is harder than I expected, especially when my cocky new housemate, Callan Thomas, annoys me at every pass. He’s treated like a god and revered by everyone on campus. Too bad he made me feel like a rejected fool the first night we met.

But that doesn’t stop me from accepting his offer to become his fake girlfriend, because he has skills that I need. Only Callan can help me improve my game and make the USA women’s hockey team.

I try to keep despising him, but he keeps proving my first impression was wrong. And the more time I spend with him, the more complex my feelings become. I need to tell him the truth about who I really am before anyone finds out and things go too far.

Problem is, I think they already have...


Review:


When Aria Olsson's family was hit by a sports scandal she decided to leave Minnesota, her friends and her team behind to enroll at the Moo U changing her surname in order to achieve her dream to play with the Olympic Women Hockey team. Callan Thomas is a senior hockey player at the Moo U who during his last year of college wants to study, to play and to decide what he wants to do in the future. They meet at a party at the hockey house, they don't start on the right foot but as time passes a pleasant and lively conversation sparks something between them. Will they have time for a relationship? Or will the sport they love consume all their time?

I loved Aria and Callan journey, they understand each other really well, their love for hockey is only the starting point for their relationship because they have a deep connection and a very good physical chemistry. I can understand Aria's trusting problems but when you fell in love you have to share everything with the other because there isn't love without trust.

Playmaker was intriguing and a good page turner, but I would have liked a little more of drama, I felt like the main characters crisis was solved too easily.




Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone