Shootout by Jami Davenport

 





Synopsis:


I'm the new guy on the team, and I'm struggling to earn my teammates' respect and forgiveness for the dirt I've slung at the Sockeyes in the past.

I played my entire life with my twin brother by my side, even in the pro's. Now I've been traded to the Sockeyes, and my brother has been selected in the expansion draft by the Portland Icehawks.

I'm facing the unthinkable, competing against my brother in a game where only one of us emerges the ultimate winner. And that's not my only problem. I've developed a huge crush to one of my teammate's sisters, and he's not taking kindly to my interest in her, especially since he and I have butted heads in the past.

She's not interested in me, but I'm not able to walk away. There's something special about her, and I have to find a way to convince her that there's also something special about me, even if her brother hates my guts.


Review:





Shootout was a fantastic read.

Banks Slater is the latest transferred player to the Seattle Sockeyes, Jessica Wilder is the new coah for the youth program of the franchise. They have a frustrating first encounter, it starts with them competing against each other for the rink and it ends with them trying to standing up in the locker room.

I've devoured Banks and Jessie story. It was entertaining, pleasant and enjoyable, but it also is irritating to see hockey is still a male dominated world where women has to put a double efforts to be acknoledged.

I loved how Jessie keeps Banks ego in check since their first shootout. She is a great heroine, nice and tenacious, she knows her value as a hockey player and coach and never back down in front of a challange. I appreciated how Banks recognize Jessie's talent. He is never intrusive and let her fight her battles, but he is always there to support her.
Their relationship grows organically, they share the same love for the sports and a blazing attraction.

I highly recommend it. You are not going to want to put this book down once you've opened it.








Release Date: 04.25.2023


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Love Algorithm by Camilla Isley

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak