The Hollywood Marriage Bargain by Lila Monroe

 




Synopsis:

Jackson Kane is a hot Hollywood A-lister… and the first guy I ever loved. 

We spent a magical summer together ten years ago, but now he’s off dazzling on the red carpet, and I’m… up to my elbows in cranky plumbing, renovating my grandparents’ old B&B on Cape Cod. 

He’s the last man I’d expect to run into with a wet T-shirt and no bra (don’t ask) — until it turns out, he’s shooting his latest movie right here in Blackberry Cove. 

And he wants me back. 

There’s no way I’m getting swept up in his celebrity circus… until my bitchy cousin lays claim to our family heirloom engagement ring, and I need a fake boyfriend to beat her game. 

A handsome charmer with perfect acting chops… Now where can I find one of those…? It’s supposed to be just for show, but Jackson is determined to show me our chemistry is just as strong as ever. 

And boy, is he impossible to resist. 

But between movie shenanigans, stroppy starlets, and - oh yes - the hoards of paparazzi suddenly trailing our every move, this fake date is more real than I ever imagined. Can we find a way to take a second chance at first love? 


Review:




The Hollywood Marriage Bargain was enjoyable and pleasant, this second chance at love story has everything you look for in a rom com, humour and feelings interwine perfectly on a movie set, located in a charming small town.

After a bad break up that left Tessa pennyless and alone, she is back to her grandparents' small town to get her life back on track, renovating their bed & breakfast. Jackson is back to Blackberry Cove to try and rekindle his relationship with Tessa, they spent an incredible Summer together before he went to LA becoming a Hollywood brilliant actor.

Jackson and Tessa are well matched, you can feel their attraction and the feels they have for each other. Their banter and interactions kept me smile. Tessa's doubts to start a relationship with a famous actor and lose her independence and her dreams are understandable and they can be shared, but I loved Jackson's tenacity to show her their relationship could work, because at the end of the day they still are the young kids who fell in love eating ice creams years before.

I always recommend any book written by Lila Monroe. I absolutely adore her writing, her positive characters, and the lovely atmosphere that permeates her syories.






Release Date: 04.24.2023


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Love Algorithm by Camilla Isley

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak