Show 'em How by Jami Davenport

 




Synopsis:


JAKOB:

I’m a professional hockey player and a single dad with two rambunctious five-year-old boys who’ve driven away every nanny who has stepped foot in our house—except one: the one I don’t want to keep, but they do. Tatted and pierced, Gardenia Bliss is everything I dislike in a nanny and a woman. She’s a mouthy whirlwind, an obsessive recycler, a buyer of organic-only food, and a lover of loud music. She’s disrupted my household and destroyed my comfortable routine with her spontaneity. Even worse, we have a one-night history. I want her gone, but I also want her naked, which is all kinds of messed up.

My plans to send her packing are thwarted by a road trip and no other options available. By the time I return, she’s completely entrenched herself in my house, my life, and my dirty thoughts. She has to go, but I haven’t found a way to extract the boys from her clutches. They adore her.

Then my meddling, matchmaking mom shows up for the holidays and enlists Gardenia to help her find the perfect woman for me. The two of them are forces of nature I’m powerless to combat. They’ll never know the truth—I don’t want those other women. I want Gardenia, but I can’t have her. She’s all wrong for my boys and me, but tell that to my stupid heart.

 

Review:


Show 'em How was impossible to put down. Jami Davenport writing and her characters conquered me at the first page.

Jakob was just traded to the Portland Icehawks, and as a single father of two boys he needs a nanny pronto. Gardenia is great with the kids, but she doesn't look like your usual nanny so she isn't his first choice, but could she be his definitive one?

I loved Jakob and Gardenia a lot. They are so different but they have a lot of chemistry. Their tiptoeing around each other trying to keep their distance is endearing as useless as it is. They can be different but they still belong together, and with Rowen and Ryder they form a beautiful bond and such a perfect family.
I was so glad to see Mama Bang arrive and push these two stubborn to consider their feelings for each other without any fear.

I've enjoyed this novel and I can't wait to read book three in this series.

 

Release Date: 06.25.2024



































Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Love and Fate by Loriana Cappello

The Sticky Toffee Pudding Club by Rosie Green

Coming Home to Starr's Fall by Kate Hewitt