The Small-Town Seduction Plan by Lila Monroe

 

 
 

Synopsis:

 

Duke Hendricks is grumpy, infuriating… and my new fake boyfriend?!

I never figured running out on my Hollywood wedding in search of true love would put me on the tabloid hit list, but with my reputation up in smoke, I need to lay low for the summer in Blackberry Cove. The quirky small town would be the perfect spot for a relaxing summer… if it wasn’t for the hunky local craftsman cursing my name at every turn.

Duke’s shaping up to be the bane of my existence — and the object of some unwelcome late-night desires. I’m determined to keep my distance… until the paparazzi catch him sucking snake venom from my thigh at the worst possible time.

My inner thigh.

Now I’ve got an(other) epic scandal brewing, and the only chance to turn my career around is pulling off the Oscar-worthy performance of a lifetime:

Faking a relationship with the man who can’t stand me.

Who says I don’t suffer for my art? The rules should be simple, but it turns out, Duke’s hiding a heart of gold under all that flannel. You can’t fake chemistry like this, and soon, those staged PDAs are turning into sizzling secret hook-ups. But between small-town gossip, rapid paparazzi, and Hollywood drama, Duke and I might be heading straight for a very real heartbreak. 

 

Review:

 


 
The emerging actress Avery Lawrence calls off her wedding and as result she's hit by the bad press, so she decides to hide on the Cape Cod coast. When the ruthless paparazzi find her Avery needs a plan to make them relent, so she accepts to fake dating the grumpiest Blackberry Cove's towner, Duke Hendricks, in order to sell some romance. Will they succeed in their plan without kill each other or fall in love for real?

Avery and Duke are your typical opposites who begin to grow closer discovering the qualities they cleverly conceal, slowly changing their opinion of each other.
I loved these two characters, their little banters made me smile, and their more meaningful chats made me see and appreciate their depth.

I'm a Lila Monroe satisfied reader, her storytelling grabbed me right at the beginning and released me at the end. The pace was good and the main characters stole my heart.

I absolutely recommend this book.
 
 
Release Date: 06.10.2024
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Love and Fate by Loriana Cappello

The Sticky Toffee Pudding Club by Rosie Green

Coming Home to Starr's Fall by Kate Hewitt