Darkroom by Kate Willoughby

 


Release Date: 04.26.2021



Synopsis:


As a top draft pick from a family of hockey royalty, I'm under so much pressure that I’m losing my edge on the ice. I need something to snap my brain out of this self-destructive stress-loop. That’s where Indi Briscoe from my photography class comes in. She’s flirtatious and funny one moment, sweetly shy the next.

But she’s cagey. She has secrets. Also? She’s a virgin. Did I mention the pressure thing? Maybe I’m crazy for starting something with her. But we can’t seem to help ourselves...

Warning: this standalone novel contains heat, heart, familial expectations, extreme milkshakes, and a hamster with deep thoughts.


Review:



Hudson Forte is a hockey player at the Moo U, he comes from a family of NHL players and he feels the pressure to always play well without any distraction. Indi Briscoe is a good student always focused on her studies, she was adopted in China when she was few months old and her dream is to become a doctor to help children.
They have a class in common and when they pair for a project they easily become friends. They are suprised when they understand each other so well even if it looks like they are very different.
Will they take some time to explore their feelings or will they be too busy chasing their dreams??

I loved Hudson from the start, he is a nice guy, not at all conceited even if he is part of the NHL royalty, while I had to get warm to Indi’s personality, she is insecure and I can easily understand why but I can’t take her when she leaps at the worst conclusion without even making others explain.
They are very cute and sweet together, I appreciated how they helped each other to feel better with themselves. Indi helps Hudson to find a way to survive to the incredible pressure everyone put on his shoulders and to see his real worth, Hudson in return makes Indi feel beautiful and special in her own skin.

I liked Darkroom, the storyline was interesting, the flow smooth and the wording easy to read but I felt like the ending was a little rushed, I’d liked to see how the main characters adapted to their new reality.
Overall a good read.





Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone