Bombshells by Sarina Bowen

 


Release Date: 04.13.2021




Synopsis:

The women's league is in the house! And Brooklyn will never be the same again for Anton Bayer and the team…

This is my last chance to ditch my playboy reputation and finally fulfill my potential. So I’ve made three rules for our biggest season yet: no boozing, no women, and no scandals.

Especially that last thing.

So who do I befriend on the very first day back at the rink? An amazing female hockey player. I want Sylvie in a way that’s more than just friendly. I crave her. But I have a championship to win, and so does she.

Then she gets her heart broken by my teammate, and I make the foolish mistake of comforting her in the best way I know how. Our night together sets off a string of sins.

Nobody can know about our affair, especially my overprotective teammate. I can’t let anyone see into my greedy little heart. Not even her.

The things I want from her, and the things we’ve already done? If anyone knew, there’d be bombshells.


Review:



I’ve read this book too quickly because it was amazing.

I loved to see a professional women hockey team take form, and even if the unequal treatment between the women league and the men league is appalling I’m so proud of these women who keep their dreams and still enjoy to play this sport.

Anton Bayer decided that this is his season to shine. He won’t do anything to jeopardize his career once again, he will stay away from alcohol, women and scandals, but he couldn’t imagine to be bewitched by a beautiful woman on skates on his first day back at work with the Bruisers. When Sylvie Hansen got a call from the Bombshells asking her to become the second goalie of the team, she thought that was fate and maybe her late mother had a hand in it too. So she transferred from Canada to Brooklyn to play hockey and to finally live near her first love who plays for the Brooklyn Bruisers, but Bryce is still focused on his career, he is closed off with his personal life and he gives her mixed signals. Sylvie feels deluded and confused but fortunately she meets some great people in the new city and she easily becomes Anton’s friend. Will Anton keep his focus on his game or will he act on his attraction for the only woman he should stay away? Will Sylvie get over her love for Bryce or will she make him change his mind?

I liked Anton and Sylvie, they are funny, their friendship is so easy and comfortable, and they take care of each other really well.

I appreciated how this story never felt like a love triangle because I can’t stand those.

I didn’t like Bryce and all his confusing actions too much, I really wished Sylvie slapped him sometimes.

Thank you Sarina Bowen for bringing back my Love Bridger and other well known characters from previous books.

What are you doing still here? Please go get this book as soon as possible.


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone