The Sex Education of M.E. by L.B. Dunbar


Release Date: 08.22.2016


Synopsis:

I’m forty, flabby, and frustrated. Don’t get me wrong, I have a good home, a decent job, and great children. I had a loving marriage for twenty years where we had our ups and downs. It wasn’t perfect; but it wasn’t awful. 
Then he died. 

After the grief took its course, and the reality of my life set in, I grew frustrated. It wasn’t the bills or the strug-gle to keep my interest in my work. It was life without a man – the only man I’d been with for twenty years. And before you go all feminist on me, it isn’t that I can’t be an independent woman, but there are certain areas where a man is necessary. 

You need a fuck buddy, my friend said. 
I didn’t even know what that meant. 
Is it friends with benefits?, I asked. 
Better, you don’t even have to be friends, she offered. 

Boy, did I need an education in the modern workings of dating, and sex.


Review:



I want to start this review telling you that this story is not only for an over 40 women audience but as a 30 years old single woman I've really enjoyed it.
I read a lot of romance and even I appreciate Young Adult and New Adult I'm really glad when I find an Adult book with more mature characters.

This was my first novel written by L.B. Dunbar and her writing is so good, it makes this story even more realistic and the reader cannot not to feel really involved into these characters' lives and to root for their happiness.

Emme and Merek journey is hot,funny and heartfelt at times.It's not easy to break old habits and to take a chance on a new,unplanned and unexpected future especially when you feel like your life is pretty much ended under the pressure of your past and obligations.



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone