Maybe Maby by Willow Aster


Release Date: 07.13.2014

Synopsis:

I’m having a meltdown. Not the put-her-in-the-loony-bin kind, but the rock-in-the-corner-so-I-can-breathe kind. Maybe they’re one and the same and I really do need to be put away, but I think I just need a little air. I’m bone tired. My eyes look like I haven’t slept in weeks. I’m eating my feelings and developing a pudge that isn’t gonna go anywhere if I keep binging on chocolate, nachos and wine. 

I’m 28 and everyone has left me. I have no friends. My boyfriend left. My mom died, so technically she left me too. I hate my job. 

I get this overwhelming 'oh my God, is this what my life is gonna be?' feeling and I want to die. 

Curl up and die. 

And since I don’t feel my heartbeat fading or my breathing getting even slightly faint, I panic that I’m gonna have to live. 

Maybe Maby is a heartbreaking, and at times, hilarious story about coping with loss, finding love in New York, and learning to recognize hope in the middle of it all. 



Review:


I've loved this book so much that I have already read it twice.
I feel as I have a lot in common with the main character,Maby.
She is strong enough to try to change her life and also if she sometimes goes back to struggling with her compulsions and depression in the end she makes the right choices to be happy.


"Gardenias seem delicate,difficult to grow,but under the right conditions,they flourish.Stronger than they look."

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone