Acer by A.M. Hargrove



Release Date: 05.20.2020

Synopsis:

How could a world so cruel and inhumane exist?

Little did I know the one-time-job I’d taken would plunge me into a world filled with mob ties and illegal activities or bring me face to face with the woman of my dreams. Isla Chambers was a blinding vision wrapped in Kevlar and topped in a baseball cap with FBI stitched on it.

With the sexy Isla working by my side, I gladly offered my assistance as the FBI’s only tether in uncovering this operation.
Besides, this could launch my career even further so refusing wasn’t an option.
The risk seemed small … or so I thought.
Not only did it expose Isla to danger, it also placed a huge target on my back.

It wasn’t long before I was drowning in unimaginable darkness.
How could a world so cruel and inhumane exist?
Days and nights merged until I was nothing but broken fragments.
The beautiful face that had brought me so much joy, was stolen from memory as I surrendered to the blackness now ruling my soul.
That carefree, innocent young man was beaten out of existence.
In his place, only an empty shell remained.

Until the day Isla walked back into my crumbling reality.
Was I too lost for that dream to live on?
If she still wanted me, I knew one thing.
I wasn’t worthy of her purity anymore.
 


Review:


Acer is an average guy, without a life plan, but his whole carefree existence suddenly changes in a night when he accepts an easy job from a friend.
He has to pick up a trailer at Savannah’s port and drive it to Atlanta, but when the situation appears too unclear and muddy he decides to take a look into the trailer and there he finds out he was into a big trouble and a dangerous position so he calls the FBI.

Isla is a good agent, her excellent job and work ethic speak for her into the almost entirely male dominated world of the FBI.

From that night on Acer and Isla lives are tied, thanks to the chemistry and physical attraction they instantly have for each other and the troubles that keep chasing them.
Will they survive to all the dangers and all kinds of abuses scattered on their way or will they succumb?

This story is thrilling, suspenseful, dreadful and romantic. The author did a good job mixing and balancing everything perfectly.

I highly recommend to read it because I liked Acer so much and with an epilogue like that I can’t wait to get next book of the series.


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Sunshine Sisters: Aurora by Rosie Green

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone