Playmaker by Jami Davenport

 


Release Date: 08.27.2020


Synopsis:

KADEN:

My teammates think she's married. I think it's more than that.

Other than her name, I don't know anything about her, but I can't get enough of her. She's my obsession, my world, my everything. If only she would let me in, tell me why she's terrified, why she stays in the shadows, why she can't be seen in public.

Then, as quickly as she came into my life, she disappears.

DELANEY:

As the daughter of a powerful politician, I was my boyfriend's perfect alibi until I wasn't. My life is in danger, and I have no choice but to disappear.

I met Kaden in a bar, and the attraction was instant. We can't keep our hands off each other, but I'm careful not to tell him too much. He can't know who I am or why I'm running. My safety—and his—depends on it. Then my ex's conviction is overturned, he's out of prison, and witnesses are dying. I have to run again and leave behind the one man I'll never forget.

But fate has a way of interfering, and this time, leaving isn't so easy.


Review:

Playmaker is the third book of the Scoring series but it could be read as a standalone because we didn't get to see a lot of Kaden's girl in the previous books.

Kaden's first season as a Seattle Sockeyes' rookie didn't end in a good way, he can't believe he put his career and dream work at risk for a woman, a woman who disappeared in thin air without even saying goodbye.
Delaney has no other choice but keep hiding and running away, leaving all her loved ones without saying goodbye, but she never imagined that Kaden would have made everything in his power to find her again.
Will their love be stronger than fear?

I enjoyed this story so much, the suspense, the thrilling, and also the funny times.
I loved to see the Puck Brothers reunited and helping each other.

I'm already looking forward to Steel story because I think it will be so much enterteining to see him melting for a woman.




Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

Hearts Don't Lie by Sutton Bishop

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone