Icing by Jami Davenport

 


Release Date: 12.30.2020


Synopsis:

Steele:

I'm a second-year hockey player for the Seattle Sockeyes. Imagine my shock when I return from a trip to find my former roommate has transferred his lease to my nemesis. She's so annoying I can't stand to be in the same room with her. She pushes all my buttons and is my exact opposite. Despite it all, I want to rip off her clothes and make mad passionate love to her. What is wrong with me?

Hyacinth:

I'm the free-spirited daughter of a radical activist. I've marched in my share of protests, and saving the world is my life's mission, but lately I'm wondering where my life is headed. When I'm offered the chance to share the lease on a fancy condo only two blocks from my bartending job, I jump on it. Like with most things, this one is too good to be true. My roommate is a finicky, annoying AF hot hockey player I've butted heads with in the past who thinks my causes are ridiculous. He pushes all my buttons, and I never expected to fall for him, but I did.
 


Review:



Opposites attract!! This sum up quite well this book.

Steele is a hockey player for the Seattle Sockeyes, he also is the last Puck Brother to not have a significant other.
He is happy to be single and to finally have his apartment all to himself so when he comes back home and he finds out he has to share it with the chaotic Hyacinth, her dog Herc and the party animal Ziggy he goes nuclear. He tries to make them leave but soon he understands he is stuck with them and little by little he gets used to them.
Hyacinth is an activist, she has a lot of pojects to save the natural environment. When living with her mother becomes too hard she happily accept to sublet Kaden's apartment even if shehas to share it with the strictest man she knows.
They come from worlds apart, Steele is the son of two rules enforcers while Cin's mother is a rule breaker, she is an activist extremist. Steele likes a black and white world while Cin brings with her all the shades of the rainbow. They are so different but there is an inexplicable attraction between them. Will they abandon themselves to the istincts? Or will the logic prevail?

I've enjoyed Icing so much, I was caught in Steele and Hyacinth's whirlwind relationship since the beginning and I couldn't put the book down. I adored their bantering even if like Steele it would be difficult for me to adapt to Cin's lifestyle.

I really hope Jami Davenport will give us Ziggy's story soon.







Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay