Loverboy by Sarina Bowen

 


Release Date: 12.01.2020


Synopsis:


Secrets, desires, and exquisite pie. It’s all in a day’s work at The Company.


Growing up, I was the rough guy from the wrong neighborhood who couldn’t catch a break. Posy was the pampered girl I tried to impress. But I managed to steal only a single kiss before I had to skip town.


Now I’m back, and the tables are turned. 

Posy runs a struggling pie shop. I’m the VP of a secretive billion dollar security company.


Not that I can tell her.


There’s a murderer on the loose in New York, and he seems to spend a lot of time at Posy’s shop. I can’t let on that I’m here to bring him down before he can harm a hair on her pretty head.


Going undercover as Posy’s new barista wasn’t my idea. I don’t even drink coffee. But now I have to call her “boss,” and do everything the curvy perfectionist asks of me. I’d forgotten how much we infuriate each other, and that she somehow fills me with both irritation and desire in the same breath.


There’s nobody more skilled at stealth ops than me. I can bring this killer down. Right after I take a cold shower. And just as soon as I figure out how to make a skinny peppermint latte with milk poured in the shape of a kitten...


Review:



Gunnar is the VP and part owner of THE COMPANY, he runs the West Coast branch. When Max calls him with a new assignment in New York he gets on the first flight to his least favourite city in the world.

As soon as he arrives he finds out he has to work undercover as a barista for Posy, a woman who stole his job as the mananger at the Paxton’s fifteen year before, in order to catch a shrewd hacker who uses her pie bakery’s wifi.

It’s useless to say that they don't have good start at working together, because they don’t trust each orher but they are still attracted to each other even if they try to hide it. 

Will Gunnar find the hacker before it’s too late? Or will he allow his feelings for Posy to interfere with his job?


I liked both the main characters, their banters are funny and their relationship grows and changes at a nice pace chapter after chapter. 


I've really appreciated how Sarina Bowen has perfectly blended the romantic side of the story with the mystery and the suspense, these three ingredients make of this book a fabulous read. I cannot wait for next book in the series to be released.




Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone

The Wallflower and the Running Back by Ginger Scott