Waylaid by Sarina Bowen

 


Release Date: 07.20.2021


Synopsis:

It’s a tale as old as time: the bad boy meets the good girl. He makes a daring proposition. Then the boy gets a mysterious head injury and loses a year of his life…

The first time I meet Rickie, I don’t know what to make of him. The second time we meet, he doesn’t remember the six hours we spent together. Or standing me up afterward.

I’m not the same, either. I’ve got secrets. I’ve told lies. Bad boys aren’t my type, anyway. Even the ones with seductive gray eyes.

But now we’re roommates. Cue the awkward moments in the hallway when he’s wearing only a towel and a smile. He’s determined to win me over, and his talented hands weaken my resolve.

It’s all fun and games until my past rears its ugly head and his secrets come to light, shaking our fragile connection, maybe even breaking it…

Note: this is Daphne Shipley's story. Contents include Vermonty ice cream flavors, nerdy awkwardness, tattoos, and a playboy grandpa.

Review:


Waylaid is a beautiful story.
Sarina Bowen can still surprise me with her elaborate plots, always unique and heartfelt.

Rickie Ralls, Dylan Shipley's housemate, accepted to become a farm helper during the Summer but he didn't have signed up to fall under Daphne's , Dylan's twin sister, spell. It seems like they already met in a previous life and even if Daphne tries to reasist to Rickie's charm she is destined to succumb to the strong physical attraction they feel for each other.

I instantly fell in love with Rickie, he is funny, sweet, hot but also vulnerable and I wanted to protect him at all costs and maybe fight the evils in his life. It took me some time to understand Daphne but in the end she is a woman who suffered by a man's hand so she is cautious but when she trusts someone and she lets everything go you can see her beauty.
I really liked to see their bonding grow chapter after chapter, it isn't forced, you can practically feel them falling for each other and wish them a very happily ever after.

Rickie and Daphne were meant to be, they will always have a soft spot in my heart.



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Lady's Proposal For The Laird by Jeanine Englert

The Sunshine Sisters: Aurora by Rosie Green

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone