Tall, Dark, and Dirty by A.M. Hargrove

 





Synopsis:


They say dreams don’t come true.
In my case they did.
After I finished my FBI training in Quantico, I landed back in my hometown of Atlanta, working undercover.
It was what I’d dreamed of since I was a kid.
I’d found my one and only true love – a.k.a. work -- and was perfectly content.
Until an old friend, my best friend from fifteen years ago, came barging back into my life.
Except now, Landry Baines wasn’t a scrawny teenager.
He was a taller, more muscular version of his old self.
Cue, the drool.
And the sleeping ovaries snapping to attention.
That’s how I ended up breaking my no-sleeping-with-men-on-the-first-date rule.
What was I thinking?
Clearly, it had been sex.
Now, I was so screwed.
Landry wanted in… and more.
He wanted control and I wasn’t giving that up for anyone.
That’s how this Tall, Dark, and Dirty man ended up becoming my enemy.


Review:



Tall, Dark, and Dirty tells Landry Baines' story, it's the fourth book in this series but it could be read as a standalone.

He, as his older brothers and younger sister didn't have a nice childhood, with an absent workaholic father and a mean alcoholic mother. His only escape, during the worst days, were to ride his horse and to meet his neighbour Shiloh McClain. They spent a lotof time together, while he rode, she climbed the trees on the property. One day Shiloh moved away with her family and they never meet again, until their lives clashed in an exclusive club.

I enjoyed watching Landry and Shiloh getting to know each other again, they were perfect together in the past and they still are in the present, even if they need some time to adjust. After all these years, it is understandable that their relationship is different, and in need to mature if they want to be together for the long haul.

My favourite character is Shiloh, I adored her strenghth and strong will, she is an FBI agent, you can see how proud she is of her work and how she is also appreciated by all her male co-workers. Landry, is still a little immature for my taste, but I liked how he questions himself, and he tries to change and to grow up.

A.M. Hargrove has written a good and intriguing storyline. I was really taken by the main characters' love story, and also by the intense and suspenseful investigations.

I'm wondering what comes next, I have an idea but I'll keep my mouth shut until the author announce the new series.




Release Date: 03.12.2023














Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Love Algorithm by Camilla Isley

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay