Shores Of Your Heart by Lily Baines





Synopsis:


Two childhood soulmates, two opposite sides of the tracks, one beach house.

Oliver Madden doesn’t do relationships. Which I’d do well to remember because, at 38, he’s the same maddening heartthrob he was in high school.

I’ve known him since we were six. My mother cleaned the house Oliver grew up in. A lonely kid in a big villa with no love. From the moment we met, we became each other’s shore to crash on, until time and life came between us.

When the broken boy I once loved learns I’m drowning in debt and offers I move into his beach house, I can’t afford to say no. I just need to ensure I don’t fall for the man he is now. A green-eyed man with barbed wire around his heart.

His barricaded heart claims he offered his house because he owes me. But every kind act, every lingering look, every burning touch, tells me that this rugged man is a gun loaded with pain, rage, and love.

And he doesn’t want to risk my finger on the trigger.



Review:





Shores Of Your Heart was an emotional read.
Lily Baines writing brought up all the feels but it wasn't too heavy and the flow was easy to follow, even if past and present mixed on the pages.

January and Oliver knew each other since they were kid, they came from different worlds, but they feel an istant connection. They understand each other and support each other silintely, they become fast friends, until the day Oliver was sent to study abroad.
Now after years they meet again, he is rich and aloof for the world, but January can still see his true self and getting attached to him again.

I appreciated January, she is a strong woman, not willing to being brought down by her past mistakes. She's used to fight against every hardships alone, at times she is too stubborn but she is a great character. I loved to see Oliver getting over his fears and finally find his home, with January help he also became part of a good and boisterous family.
It was nice to see them working through their feelings in order to reach their happiness.

I absolutely recommend to read this novel if you love the small beach town atmosphere and relatable, flawed characters.











Release Date: 07.07.2023




 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Love Algorithm by Camilla Isley

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay