Crashing The Net by Lasairiona McMaster

 

 

Synopsis:

 
She’s lost her mobility, her career, and her dreams... Can she risk losing her heart to her best friend as well?

In the blink of an eye, everything I’ve worked my whole life to achieve is gone, maybe forever. I’m not prepared to accept that I’ll never dance again. It’s all I’ve ever known, and I’m scared to find out who I am without it.
The only person still in my corner is my hockey playing, son-of-a-billionaire best friend, but no amount of money can help me walk again. His intentions are admirable, but I can’t risk falling for him.

What if I lose him, too?

Waking up after a near fatal car crash, I realized I’ve been in love with Edith for as long as I’ve known her.
Nothing matters anymore. Nothing but my beautiful, smart, funny best friend who is convinced we’re doomed to fail.
Money can solve a lot of problems, but not this one.

How can I persuade her to take a chance on me, on us, when she’s lost so much already?

 

Review:

 


Crashing The Net is a good friends to lovers story.

After a particularly violent car wreck, Apollo and Edith, best friends since childhood, discover the real depth of their feelings, but it’s worth to act on them with the risk to ruin their friendship?

I adore how Apollo is not intimidated by his feelings, but he doesn’t pressure Edith at any moment to accept and reciprocate them. He is such a sweet, broody man, he really conquered my heart.
Edith is a very strong woman, but I expected to see more of her inner turmoils after surgery.

I adored their relationship, they know each other so well that sometimes to speak is useless, their bantering is fun, and their sexy times are sweltering hot.

I absolutely loved all the scenes with Bacon the pig and Apollo’s sister, I hope she gets her own story sooner or later.

All in all I liked this novel, even if I felt the ending a little rushed, I would have liked to read more of this lovely couple.

 
 
 

 
 
Release Date: 08.22.2023
 
 
 
 
 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Love Algorithm by Camilla Isley

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak