How To Fake-Date A Vampire by Linsey Hall

 


 
 
 

Synopsis:

 

Faking it with a vampire duke should be simple, right?

I’ve got one chance to prove to my coven that I’m worth my wand. But to do it, I’m going to have to make a deal with a vampire duke. I get to use his gorgeous estate in Cornwall to host the Beltane Ball--and in exchange, I’ll pretend to be his girlfriend. But it’s all a show for his grandmother.

The rules of our fake relationship are simple:
No flirting. No emotion. No sex. Simple, right?

Except I can’t seem to ignore the allure of the infuriating and devastatingly sexy vampire. Falling for a duke isn’t an option, though. I would lose the anonymity that protects me and my coven, and that would ruin my life. And the lives of those in my coven.

So yeah, totally simple, right?

 

 Review:

 

 
 
Emma Willowby wasn't born in Charming Cove, she's trying to find her place into the Aurora Coven, so when the chance to organize the Beltane Ball, the most important event in the witch world, comes she knows she must do it. She has to find the best place where to take the party to beat the competition, she chooses the Duke of Blackthorn's residence, but there is only a minor setback the Duke, Alaric, has never allowed to enter is house. When Emma meets Alaric, they come to a deal, she accepts to fake dating the Duke in exchange for free access to his house for the party. What could go wrong making a deal with a vampire?

I did need something different from my usual read, so I chose How To Fake-Date A Vampire for its paranormal atmosphere, the fake dating trope that I adore, the witches and vampires, and the promise to get a good laugh.

Linsey Hall, new to me author, delivered all of the above mentioned and something more.

The characters were all well depicted.
Emma and Alaric have a lot of nuances that show up chapter after chapter. I really liked them as single character and as a couple even more. They are different from each other and that cause some laugh, Alaric is always so calm and composed, while Emma is a messy troublemaker. They are still sweet together, they pay attention to one another, and they try to help each other.

The interesting and intriguing storyline, and the fast pace didn't allow to put this book down, and the smile that it put on my face was worth even to skip the tea.

Dive into this nice, cosy rom com without hesitation as I did, you'll not regret it. 
 
 
 
 
 
Release Date: 08.31.2023
 
 
 
 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Love Algorithm by Camilla Isley

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay