The Tomboy And The Captain by Ginger Scott

 


 
 

Synopsis:


It was supposed to be my year, but then he made a bet that I couldn’t refuse…

A star senior on the Tiff U volleyball team, it’s been my goal to come back strong after an injury that nearly took me out of the game. But I’m Laney freaking Price, and I’m taking my shot to make it on the new pro women’s team, despite the lack of support from my father.

The problem? Cutter McCreary. He is the Captain of the Tiff U hockey team, all-around loveable guy, and a total player. And did I mention a complete thorn in my side since freshman year? Yeah…that guy. His charms don’t tempt me.

Until…a mix up with our housing situation forces us into a bit of a predicament. We were both promised a room. The same room.

His proposal? A bet. We split the room in half—for now. Whoever falls in love with the other first has to move out. The winner gets to stay. But when strategic glances turn into late night talks, and fake kisses start to feel real, I’m finding myself without a game plan. And winning suddenly doesn’t feel like the only thing that matters.

 

Review: 

 

 
 
The Tomboy and The Captain is an enemy to lovers college story where our heroine is a volleyball player and her counterpart plays hockey.

Laney Price can't stand Cutter McCreary because he is insufferable and he is considerate the best gift to the womankind. When they are forced to share a bedroom and a bet is put in place she absolutely has to resist to his charm and well manners.

I've really enjoyed to follow Laney and Cutter's journey. I adored to know them better as the story progresses.
Laney growth is evident, at the beginning her prejudices about Cutter make her spiteful, but little by little she sees and appreciates his true self becoming nice and friendly. Cutter is a pretty cute and kind guy since the start, I loved how he helps Laney respecting her processing time.

They share a burning physical attraction, their banters are entertaining, but the slow development of their feelings for each other is what kept me glued to the book.

Ginger Scott delivered an apparently easygoing story, but the multi layered characters make it appealing and intriguing.
I recommend to give this new adult novel a go as soon as possible.
 
 

 
 Release Date: 02.22.2024
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Payback Adventure by Melissa McClone

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak