Enshrine by Chelle Bliss


Release Date: 01.26.2016


Synopsis:

EVERYTHING CHANGED IN AN INSTANT.
I thought I knew what was important, but one phone call sent my life into a tailspin. Alone and afraid, I clung to the one man I shouldn’t. I was warned about him and told to stay away. “He’s dangerous,” they said. But the man who could hurt me the most, gave me the greatest comfort. "He's not who they think," I told myself. But just like an illusion, things are never what they seem.


Review:



I went into this book blind and after I've read the beautiful dedication I had to take a moment to organise my thoughts and finally enjoy it.
I'm not new to Chelle Bliss' stories but I can definitely tell you Enshrine is on a whole new level; it is heartbreaking,heartwarming,lovely,hot and also funny at times.
I've loved how Callie and Bruno,the main characters, found each other at the right time giving each other the strength,the hope and the "light" they both need.
The supporting characters are depicted so well that I really hope they can all have their book.



Excerpt:

Becca, my best friend, snaps her fingers in my face. “Cal, are you listening to me?”
I smile and nod, but her words are distant. I’ve looked at my phone at least fifty times today. I’m on pins and needles waiting for an important phone call. One that could change my life, and I haven’t told a soul about it—not even Becca. Telling people makes it real, and I’m not ready to face the possibility I could have more important things to deal with than which pair of shoes to wear with my favorite Donna Karan dress.
“So what do you think?” Becca asks.
I blink a few times and pretend I heard her question. “You should do it.”
“Okay,” she says and hops off the stool.
I grab her hand, holding her next to me so I can find out exactly what I told her to do. “Where are you going?”
“I asked if I should try to fuck ‘The Butcher.’”
My mouth drops open and my eyes grow as wide as saucers. “Becca!” I yell and wrap my fingers around her hand. “Sit your ass down.” I glance over my shoulder, following her eyes to where he sits.
“He’s always looking over here, ogling you. I thought maybe he’d take the next best thing.”
I gawk at her, completely in shock. “You can’t be fucking serious.”
Slowly, she walks backward toward her seat. “I’m just kidding, asshole. You acted like you were listening, but you didn’t hear a damn thing. I just thought I’d fuck with you.”
“I’m sorry.” The guilt of ignoring her eats at me, and even though I want to tell her what’s going on, I don’t dare. “And for your information, Bruno isn’t ogling me.”
She fiddles with her cosmopolitan. “I think you should get your eyes checked next time you’re at the doctor, Cal. He’s always watching you. It’s sexy, but it also creeps me the fuck out. He’s so dangerous.”
I laugh, playing it off, but I’ve noticed it too. “Is he looking over here now?” I ask, refusing to turn around to look for myself.
She leans forward, her eyes peering behind me. “He is. He’s not taking his eyes off us either.”
“He probably thinks we’re trouble or something,” I say and hope she drops the topic because I’d rather find out what she was going on about before.
“You can pretend like you don’t think he’s hot, Cal, but I’ve seen you flirt with him more than once.”
I shake my head and chuckle softly. “Smiling and saying hello isn’t necessarily flirting.”
“He has a thing for you.”
“He probably has a thing for every girl in this place.”
“Nope.” She shakes her head vigorously and puckers her lips. “He wants you.”



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Meant For Stone by Natasha Madison

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

The Tomboy And The Captain by Ginger Scott