Pulling the Goalie by Lasairiona McMaster

 





Synopsis:


Can the girl who hides in the shadows date a guy who chases the spotlight?

Eloise:

Ares de la Peña: VIP hockey goalie, stripper, bisexual playboy.

He lives for the limelight. He’s everything I should avoid, yet I’m drawn to him in ways I don’t understand. As our worlds collide, I discover he’s more than just the flashy heir to a billion dollar fortune. I’ll never fit into his world. But I want to.

Ares:

What is it about this girl? She hides her scars behind her bright hair, quirky clothing, and striking lipstick, but I see her. She’s the calm that quiets my demons, while running from her own. My reputation precedes me, which is usually a good thing, but in this case her preconceived notions about me aren’t working in my favor.

How can I make her see that what we have is far more than skin deep?

Review:





Pulling the Goalie is the second book in the Cedar Rapids Raccoons series, it could be read as a standalone. It's a story not to be missed.

Ares is the new rookie goalie for the Raccoons, with his stormy past he has to prove his talent on the ice and his good behaviour outside of the arena. Eloise has just started the nursing school and she doesn't have any friends, because after a traumatic event she tries to hide and to study hard. But she attracts the attention of the campus certified playboy and she can kiss goodbye to her quiet, lonely life. 

I loved Ares and Eloise, their sexual chemistry is melting and their affection is deep. They are an anchor for each other. Seeing them change little by little in order to be their best selves and the person the other deserves was endearing.

Lasairiona McMaster packed this novel with a lot of emotions and hotness, they were well balanced and the reading was enjoyable.

I can't wait to get Apollo's story.









Release Date: 05.11.2023























Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Love Algorithm by Camilla Isley

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak