The Debt by Natalie Wrye

 





Synopsis:

LACHLAN

Weddings are supposed to be fun—glamorous...aren't they?

I'm not so sure anymore.

Because the second my best friend Drew tapped me to Best Man at his own NYC nuptials, I realized that I was in for one hell of a ride.

Especially when it becomes clear that his younger, can't-stay-out-of-trouble sister Sabrina will be the Maid of Honor and I will have to keep my usually-busy hands off of her.

Mostly, because she's my best friend's little sister. But more because she deserves better than a guy like me—a family screw-up with more secrets than good intentions.

I am sure of one thing, though: I owe Drew for saving me from a lifetime of mistakes.

It just didn't occur to me that Drew might have his own mistakes, too. Dangerous ones that push me closer to that sharp-tongued Sabrina...

And closer to a ticking time bomb I never saw coming.


Review:





Lachlan left New York after he made a mistake that affected his family company, he wished to stay away for ever to try to forget his sins, but that isn’t possible when your best friend and his beautiful sister still live there. He tried to stay away from Sabrina for years because he doesn't deserve her but every time is more difficult to hide his attraction. When Lachlan was invited at Drew’s wedding as the best man he knows that if he isn’t careful he could destroy his friendship, what he doesn’t know is that Sabrina is in danger and he is the only person who can protect her.

I really like Natalie Wrye writing, the suspenseful and fast paced rhythm don’t allow any distraction.
I was so invested into the story that I couldn't take a full breath till the end, every detail that brings the main characters near the truth was unexpected, I started to doubt about everything, I suspected of everyone like them, fortunately the end is perfectly tied up.

I adore a troubled hero, Lachlan is well depicted you can feel his regrets and you can follow and cheer for his slow redemption. Sabrina was a nice discovery, I thought she was an helpless heiress but she grows stronger at every turn of page, she gets so powerful, especially in the end, I was in awe.

I'm already looking forward to the next book in the series, I can’t get enough of these thrilling stories.



Release Date: 04.15.2022




Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Love Algorithm by Camilla Isley

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak