The Earl She Should Never Desire by Lara Temple






Synopsis:



This very handsome earl… Is the one man she cannot fall for…

War widow Lily Walsh has left her aristocratic family behind, but she can’t deny her younger sister’s request to come to London to meet her fiancé. Though not a love match, Lord Sherbourne is kind, amusing and ideal for her sister on paper. But as Lily gets to know him, she’s finding him alarmingly attractive! And the forbidden look in the earl’s eye shows the feeling is mutual…



Review:


I've enjoyed this book immensely.
I didn't read the synopsis but I wasn't too surprised by the "triangle" trope because the title is quite revealing. I'm not too fond of this trope but I assure you there isn't cheating.

Lily Walsh, a war widow, goes to London to meet Lord Marcus Sherbourne, her little sister's future husband. They study and assess each other, they are curious after they have heard about each other only from Annie's nice words, and they take a pleasant interest in each other. Will their friendship risk to destroy their families futures?

Lily and Marcus journey is a slow burn journey, they have to think well of their actions because they could disrupt more than their lives. I loved these characters, they feel a strong attranction and they are well assorted, they speak easily to each other, but they are still so considerate towards others.
There isn't nothing to not love in these characters, I wished they find their true happiness without settling for less.

I've read this novel too quickly and now I'm already eagerly anticipating Lara Temple next book. I hope to see one of the supporting character to have his own story.




Release Date: 04.28.2022










 

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The Love Algorithm by Camilla Isley

Dr. Single Dad by Louise Bay

Burnout by Rebecca Jenshak